Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Job

So lately I've been thinking about ways to try to get a little extra money and/or pay off a couple of things. I find myself thinking "the easiest way to do that would be to earn more money at my job". While I'm open to change, it makes me nervous, so I'm not anxious to start looking for another job. Don't get me wrong, they treat me well and it's been a great company to work for.

Anyway, so in the midst of all this thinking I got a call from someone asking me if I would like to do some consulting work. Sure, I say, stunned by the timing. Feeling lucky to have my job, and this other consulting opportunity, I went about my day.

Well, the next day they announced at my job that we had a bad year last year, and don't project a great year this year, either, although with some big changes, we project to pull out of that. Interesting.

We'll see what happens, but in the meantime, I've got a good job that seems stable overall (although you never know for sure about that, right?), some other opportunities, and some faith.

With all of that, I have had one thought running consistently through my mind, and I'm confident that this thought did not originate with me. The thought is this: "Didn't I tell you that if you try to do what's right, especially paying tithes and offerings, that I would bless you? There's your proof."

Proof? Yep.

All I can think for the last couple of days is be grateful for what I have, rather than focusing on things I don't have.

No comments: