Friday, September 3, 2010

Different

Huh.

So I've had a pretty hectic week. And it's not over.

I knew at the beginning of the week it was going to be crazy. In all my work projects that I'm juggling, it's like they were all converging on deadlines pretty much all at the same time.

But here's the weird thing. Projects I expected to take a long time took relatively short time. Other projects I expected to knock out quickly took a lot longer than expected. There have even been a couple of unplanned/last minute things that I had to take care of, which I wasn't even factoring in when I was kind of planning out my week.

I guess you can never really know exactly how things are going to go.

I've still got all of Labor Day weekend to take care of some lingering stuff that's due after that. I even have most of the day after Labor Day. I took the day off to make a couple of scheduling things go easier with the fam. But I'll probably be working most of the day. I know. I took the day off so I could work. Haha. Funny.

Looking back, I probably shouldn't have had Rhoda pick that book up from the library. It's been at the house for almost a week now (thanks Rhoda!), and I haven't even picked it up. At this rate, it'll be due before I can even crack it open.

The good part? Man, I was able to finish up (or at least come REALLY close to finishing up) some lingering problems/projects that I've had sitting on my 'To Do' list for a while.

In fact, I think that so far this week I've actually crossed more things off my 'To Do' list than I added to it, so I call that a win.

No comments: