Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Side-Step into trouble!

Trouble....I might just be in it! But, holy cow...he left himself signed in! AWESOME! How can I not take advantage of that? After all he is due for a little payback! Hahahah! Click Here if you want to learn more about this awesome picture!

I decided while I'm risking life and limb to hijack his blog for the day, I'd make a list of some of my first favorite "Shawn moments:"

1. The very first time I saw him: He was the new kid at work (USANA) and he was pulling an order. As he was walking back towards the computers, (where I was) I noticed he was SINGING and DANCING as he came back to grab his products! Not quietly either, I was ten feet away and could tell he had a very nice voice...and was that a jazz square I just saw? (jk☻) At first I was stunned that a man would do that, then I thought it was awesome. He never really cares what other think...he's very happy and secure with who he is!

2. The second time I really noticed him was a few months later, Halloween 1996...the shipping department went out to eat at La Frontera's. (one of my Fav's) The waiters were handing out everyone lunches...one guy in a very Spanish accent yelled out "Who ordered the hamburger?" Every head spun around to see who ordered a HAMBURGER at a Mexican restaurant! It was that same kid who sings and dances! He had on a big COW BOY HAT(for his Halloween Costume) and I don't know why but because of that I thought that he must LOVE country music! So you can imagine it was a big surprise to find out that he really, really, really, doesn't like country music!

3. The third time I noticed him was when my friends and I were on break up in the lunch room. We were all sitting around just bantering back and forth, the topic of "FUNNY" last names came up and we were all taking turns listing out ones that we've heard. I had a real funny one, I told them that at my last job there was a kid with the last name of Crabtree...hahaha! Instead of laughter I got 5 swift kicks from under the table! OUCH! The gal closest, points behind me so I turn and see this same singing, dancing, cowboy hat-wearing kid, reading a book at the next table! What? "Don't you know his name?" No I honestly didn't. So when I went back down to work I asked my Lead Tiffany what his name was....Shawn CRABB???? ...and he's your little BROTHER!?? ...Oh! Ahhh, Awkward! Hahahha!

4. The first time I realized he like me: I was working on the computers and the same singing, dancing, cowboy hat-wearing, funny named kid...had come up to those of us who were at that station. We were all casually talking to him, he was really easy to talk to and was so nice to everyone, a few minutes later he said he needed to get back to work and he turned and left. The other girls around me started to giggle and Kelly leaned over and said, "You know he really likes you!" WHAT? I though I had graduated high school almost a year ago! "No seriously he really does," they all said...yeah sure! She told me they could prove it! Kelly said that at lunch time he always says good-bye to ME as we are passing by his work station. Okay fine, I'll pay attention and see if he says hi to just me or to all of us (he's just a really nice, friendly guy!) So lunch break was called, we started toward the door, and I could see that Shawn was at the other end of the room working on the computer...haha, there was no way he would get to the door before I left for lunch. Just before the shelving rack was about to block my view I saw him look up and notice that we were walking out for lunch. Then he jumped up and through the bottom the shelving unit I watched his feet RUN the length of the gravity feed and stop just before the end. By the time I could see him again, he was casually re-adjusting the products on the edge of the shelf, he looked over at ME, smiled and simply said, Bye! I remember looking back at Kelly who was smiling that "told you so!" smile!

5. Meeting the family: I remember volunteering to work the 4th of July holiday in Will call. I also remember that after I signed up, that same dancing, singing, cowboy hat-wearing, funny last name, gravity feed-running kid - - ironically had also signed up! Now truthfully, at this point Shawn and I had been on a few dates and I was incredibly flattered he was paying so much attention to me. While we were working that day, he asked me what my holiday plans were for the night. Well since I lived 3 hours from my parents and didn't have any thing planned with my cousins or sister, my plans were to go to work get some nice over time/holiday pay and then go home! (Wahoo!) He then told me that his family had a BBQ and that he would love it if I would come with him. After asking a dozen times if he was sure his family wouldn't mind that I came and butted-it and after a dozen times of him reassuring me that it would be fine...we drove over to the family BBQ. What Shawn didn't tell me was that it was an EXTENDED FAMILY BBQ and that every living relative that he had in the valley was going to be there! So not only did I meet his mom, sisters and cute little brother, but I met his aunts, uncles, all his cousins and even the new puppy dog Boochie! I think they were all just as shocked as I was to see me there!

Well I think this is a long enough post for now, maybe I will post more if I ever find myself in a position to do so again! Depending on how Shawn feels about this post, he may be way more careful when he signs himself into his blog!

I love my husband very much, he is a very wonderful man...and I just noticed he left the last of his Father's day steak for me to eat for lunch! (at least I think he left it for me!) What a sweet guy! Feel free to leave a comment with YOUR favorite "Shawn Memory!"

Love you forever Shawn!

♥ Rhoda

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hijacked posts are great. When done in love of course. :D Glad you have such a great guy!

mr. crabbs said...

BIG Trouble! I'm really good at payback.

Although, you can't argue with the truth. I love my wife very much and will forever. She is really amazing! I don't know what I'd do without her.

But I'll say this. Now who has a funny name? Rode-a Merry Crab!

Cristy said...

What a nice fun post. It was so much fun for me to read, I remember him telling me that he met you at work and thought you were cute so he would hurry over to be by you when you went to lunch. How fun!

Unknown said...

Ha ha, good times!

Teachinfourth said...

Rhoda, this was a very nice post to write…it was also interesting to learn a little bit more about that crabby family…

Kelly Jean said...

Haha, I vaguely remember that day (of the extended-family BBQ)... it was at my parents house, right?? Cute post! You two are so mfeo ;)