Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just how I feel!

So I was looking through a book for a quote or story that related to my lesson about Christ today, and I ran across the author's preface. He talks about his wife, and it is just how I feel about mine (I've substituted Rhoda's name in there when applicable):

"...if we must compare individual statures, I think the following sketch represents the approximately correct proportions.

"When [Rhoda] approaches the pearly gates, the Lord may say to the angels something like this, 'Why, look everybody -- here comes [Rhoda Crabb]! [Rhoda's] finally here! Let's all go out to welcome her and bring her in.' But as he greets her on the steps, he will probably stop and add, '[Rhoda], what on earth is that sorry thing you're dragging behind you?' To which she will respond, 'Oh, that? That's my husband. Can I bring him in too?' Without her I haven't got a chance..."

Love you Rhoda!!!

6 comments:

Tiffany McAlister said...

Oh my gosh...SO cute! (Not a whit of it true, you'll both be skipping up to the gates together hand in hand, and the correct substitution would include BOTH your names!) But seriously SO CUTE!!

Rhoda said...

Well...it actually might be the other way around. I'm pretty sure I can't drag Shawn any where!

mr. crabbs said...

Is that a fat joke? Kidding!

Tiffany McAlister said...

And Shawn...you forgot to include what book you found this forward in...It made me want to read a book by such a sweet person! (You know me...I'll read anything!)

mr. crabbs said...

Ah, yes. It's "Believing Christ" by Stephen E. Robinson. I love that book. Lee gave it it me for my birthday just before you guys got married. Like I said, I love it! It's all about not just believing IN Christ, but actually BELIEVING Him, that he can and will do what he says. You can borrow it if you'd like.

Tiffany McAlister said...

Ahh...I read this book while I was at Weber State. I remember really liking it. I would like to read it again!