Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why I caved

So I've never been good at keeping a journal. I've wanted to, but just like so many other things I want to do, I just never seem to get around to it. Bummer.

So after quite some time of reading my wife's blog, and some of the things about our family that she's documented, I think...cool, someone else is doing that for me! :) I'm kidding... sort of.

Anyway, sometimes I just have random thoughts or ideas that I'd like to share. Most of the time they aren't so intensely personal that I'd need to have them secretly hidden somewhere under lock and key. In fact, they are often things I would want to share. So, living in this wonderful digital information-accessible world, of course I thought, "I know, I'll start a blog".

Having said that, I'm not under any illusions that my blog will be intensely followed or widely read. I'm just happy that I can get that stuff out there. I expect there will be L O N G and short posts, funny and serious posts (although admittedly probably not seriously funny posts). I have no plans to keep to a theme. I doubt there will be much by way of pictures and video, although you never really know. I won't be changing the background with the seasons. That's not me. Rambling on about random subjects? Yeah, that has me written all over it.

No comments: