Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Write Something!

So I was thinking about my blog.

What's that?  You forgot that I have a blog?  Yeah, me too (pretty much).  I pulled it up and noticed that the last post I published was posted on 11/15/11.  Um...so...that was a long time ago.

I have had a lot to think about over the last 14 or so months, so I thought to myself "Self, you should just write something!".  It's not like I have any excuses.  Posting to a blog is SO easy.

Anyway, so here goes.  Just a quick little glimpse into that mysterious place called "my mind".  Most recently, what's on my mind is expectations.  More specifically, expecting. Yep, you guessed it.  Although probably most people who would even read this blog already know, but we are expecting child #5 sometime around the end of June.  We don't know what gender yet.  But we can confirm, it is indeed a...baby (whew).

I'm pretty excited.  I'm not generally one to show a ton of emotion, but I am EXCITED!  It's been a while since we've had a baby around the house (5 years!!!!).  Occasionally I find myself in the company of a family member with a small baby, and although I've never really admitted it, I find that I really enjoy holding those tiny little things.  I know I can expect difficult times, too (like when the baby really doesn't like me very much, if it's anything like the other 4), but really, that stuff is so insignificant when compared to the good parts. :)

I'm sure there will be more about that in the coming months. But yeah.  SO looking forward to it.  Lots to do before that little one arrives (i.e., we haven't baby-proofed in years!).

No comments: