Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Sleeping" out

So the kids slept outside on the trampoline last night. Rhoda slept out with them (on an air mattress on the ground). Me? Not so much. I stayed inside because I had to get up early for work the next morning. And I was out late.

Rhoda didn't sleep too well last night. With the kids waking up cold, the neighbors' sprinkler hitting the fence, the wind blowing through the wind chimes, and the sun rising at 6am, it's like the perfect storm for light sleepers having a sleepless night. Oh, and there was this, too:

Usually, when I get home from being out late and Rhoda's already in bed, I go give her a quick kiss and let her know I'm home. She usually wakes up just a little bit, enough to acknowledge that I'm there, and then falls right back to sleep.

So, just doing what I thought was normal, I crept outside (I didn't want to wake up the kids), and quietly knelt down next to her and just like usual, I gave her a quick kiss and told her I was home. What wasn't normal was her reaction. I guess she wasn't expecting me to come outside and do that, so she was startled wide awake in a panic. Needless to say, it took her a while after that to fall asleep (sorry, Rhoda!).

Yeah, I guess I should have seen that coming. Totally didn't. And while I felt bad about that, I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny. I love you Rhoda!

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Well, I still love you...even though you did scared me silly.

Tiffany McAlister said...

Hee-hee-hee...Love it.