Friday, May 28, 2010

Wow

Sometimes I just get so caught up in everyday life that I don’t really realize how amazing my life is.

I had a 'WOW' moment this morning. You know, those moments when you take a step outside of the 'routine', if even for a second, and contemplate your life (or a single aspect of your life) and are overwhelmed with how wonderful it is. I have such an amazing wife. She is awesome. She is wonderful. On top of that, we have 4 children.

Following that 'WOW' moment came a moment of feeling OVERWHELMED. First, OVERWHELMED with all the blessings that I have been given and then also a little OVERWHELMED with all the responsibilities I have that come with those blessings.

This moment had really great timing, because I have been a little too focused on my job and work, and not focused enough on my home and family. Will I be able to spend more time at home? Probably not. But it is nice to have the reminder to make sure that I use the time I do have with my family in the best way possible.

I am really a lucky guy. I have so many blessings.

WOW.

No comments: