Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Sabbath Day

So today is Sunday. I enjoy the Sabbath day. I went to meet with my Elder's Quorum Presidency, and we discussed some good things for our Quorum. Then my kids didn't really complain when I woke them up for earlier Church. My two Aaronic Priesthood holders, Josh and Wes, even went over to the Church early to set up chairs. We had a good testimony meeting, and the spirit was the strongest during an almost 12-year-old's testimony. He was caught by the Spirit and got emotional. Over something simple. 

He told the story of how his family went to a restaurant, and they wanted to talk to each other and spend quality time as a family, but there were a bunch of TV's that kept distracting everyone. And he said that is what our world is like today--so many distractions, keeping us from strengthening our families and stuff. It was pretty awesome coming from a kid who just got sustained to receive the Aaronic Priesthood today.

I guess it's always interesting who the Lord chooses to use to spread His message and His Spirit. I am grateful for this. You don't have to be the "best" or the most righteous, to act on promptings from the Spirit. You just have to be willing to do what God wants you to do, when He wants you to do it.

1 comment:

André Crabb said...

Hey Shawn nice blog diving into your mind. Definitely a lot to discover there. I’m hoping you’d be willing to sell me your domain crabb consulting.com? How can I get a hold of you?
Cheers,
Andre